Today we headed out early to catch some waves at kings beach Caloundra.
Kt has been having so much fun on her boogie board but there are just not enough waves here so uni was keen for us to take her somewhere a bit more challenging.
It was a pretty hot day today and it is the middle of school holidays so there were a lot of people at the beach and of course the flags were not very far apart.
I was buffeted about quite a lot, ending up with gravel rash on my knees and being knocked to the ground twice ... landing once on each hip. It was really rough in the shallows, but uni took us out a bit deeper and we were able to stay relatively safe out there.
Kt caught a few waves back to the beach and for the most part was unhurt. Both she and Justin ended up with a scraped knee each, and we got an occasional dunking but all in all it was pretty positive and Kt had lots of fun.
She is very good at manoeuvring the board and can manage to stay on pretty well. Those boogie boards certainly can get some speed up!
While I got showered and dressed, kt and uni made sandcastles on the beach with the new bucket, spade and rake set kt got for Christmas. They were very impressive.
We came home for a Morgans lunch YUM!
And then I had an afternoon rest because I was quite worn out. Needless to stay Kt is still bouncing around!
I don't think we got too badly burnt ... we took sunscreen along and reapplied it frequently. Kt looks pretty brown and I only have a very small sore patch on my shoulders.
I still have not made it to the lagoon yet this summer ... maybe some time next week!
There is only a week left of holidays so I better get a move on ... although I might go on my own once Kt is back at school. Hopefully it will be less crowded once school holidays end.
-

No comments:
Post a Comment