Sunday, December 13, 2009

go slow

The slow time has begun.

I had forgotten how frustrating it is for me.

Holiday time means that for every activity I need to get done in a day, there are at least two things I need to set up and pack away for Kt before I can start.

Often I will get something set up for her only to have her play with it for 5 minutes and then get bored.

Meanwhile the job that is supposed to be being done is delayed.

And I still need to pack away the activity (eg if it is painting outside) so that the pup will not run off with something and chew it to peices.

Kt is in school withdrawal mode ... waiting for me to tell her what activity to do.

I am getting better at thinking of suggestions, but am missing the quiet time that comes with school.

The quicker I adjust to this slower pace of getting things done the better because it will only continue next year as my belly gets bigger and then once the baby is born, there will be no time for anything but feeding the baby and catching up on sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment